Friday 22 March 2013

Who Killed Jesus? I Would Like To Know.


I got these lyrics of a song sent to me.  Food for thought!  The soldiers, Pilate, the Jewish leaders – they all had a hand in the dreadful act of the crucifixion.  But supremely it was God behind the scenes.  Aren’t these astonishing words? “It was the LORD’s (YAHWEH’s) will to crush him” (Isaiah 53 10)

 And why was it the Father’s will to do such a thing?  Because of the horrible reality of our sinfulness and there was no other way.  My sin, your sin led Christ to the cross.  His death was Vicarious – a just God transferred his wrath against moral offenders to his perfectly innocent Son, who was treated judicially as if he were guilty.

Who Killed Jesus? I Would Like To Know."
 
Who killed Jesus? I would like to know.
Who is guilty of a crime so low?
Why did He have to die? What is the reason why?
Who killed Jesus? I would like to know.


Was it Roman Soldiers, with their tools of war?
Pounding nails through hands that did no wrong.
Mocking and abusing, crowning Him with thorns,
All the evidence is very clear.


Was it Pontius Pilate, he was Governor,
Trying to decide the case that day?
Finding that the Saviour had no fault His own,
Was he guilty when he turned away?


Was it Hebrew children, proud of who they were?
Shouting "Crucify Him" to their King.
Rejecting their Messiah for a common thief
Turning down the Kingdom He could bring.


When I think of Jesus, and the way He died,
How upon Him all my sin was lain.
All the other people, fade away from view,
It's for me the Sacrifice was made.


I no longer wonder anymore,
I have found what I've been searching for;
My sin demanded Hell, on Him the Judgment fell,
I am guilty, now it's plain to see, that it was really me! 


Source(s): http://www.standingtogether.org

1 comment:

  1. I first heard this song on Easter Sunday in 1972. It was such a blessing to me. Thanks Kevin, Laurie, and Debbie. I will never forget!

    ReplyDelete